|POLITICIANS INDULGE THEMSELVES BUT EXCORIATES OTHERS
|POLITICIANS GIVE THEMSELVES SALARY RAISE…during a recession!!!
Congress now gets paid $174,000 plus perks for working only 3 days per week
Obama caps salaries at $500,000 for business executives
MORE HYPOCRISY FROM WASHINGTON
Politicians go to spa resort paid by taxpayers
Democrats use taxpayer money to go to luxurious resort for annual “planning” retreat…all during economic crisis
● Obama recently blasted Wall Street executives for their “excesses”
but he joined Democrats at the resort….mostly paid with taxpayer money.
● Obama chose this luxury resort to be his first trip aboard Air Force One….a 9-minute flight!
● About $500,000 of taxpayer dollars have been spent by Democrats to attend these retreats.
● About $70,000 are spent each year for an Amtrak train to ferry Democrats to the resort.
● Security helicopters fly above the train.
● Republicans also went the week before to another resort for “their planning session.” They said they don’t use taxpayer money but lobbyists’. Having interest groups so close to our politicians it’s not pretty, but that is reality. When has a politician with no funds won an election? John McCain found out that his campaign-financing bill although is sounded great it just restricted him to receive donations. Obama refused to use public funds and was free to raise unlimited amounts. Obama won.
● Using taxpayer money for these retreats is worse than using resources from lobbyists or from nonprofits organizations since taxpayers get robbed with so many taxes and then do not have dedicated personnel fighting for the private American citizen in Washington like interest groups (weather they are lobbyists or non-for-profit organizations or activists.)
● Some politicians pretend to dislike lobbyists but there are plenty of lobbyists in the current administration.
Politics is a nasty business.
BUT….POLITICIANS CRITICIZE OTHERS
● Wells Fargo Defends Then Cancels Vegas Retreat Amid Controversy
● Politicians slammed AIG executives for spending more than $440,000 at a company retreat…just days after receiving …$85 billion bailout in taxpayer funds
● Lawmakers excoriated banking and financial companies for flying in corporate jets to Washington to request bailouts
POLITICIANS CELEBRATE WITH $100-PER-POUND STEAK
Obama invited House leaders to celebrate the first House of Representatives passing of his Stimulus Bill.
Obama’s cocktail menu included Wagyu beef….
What is Wagyu?
One of the most expensive meats:
$2,299.99 for 15 lbs
BUT…Obama said to businesses “…there will be time for them to make profits
and there will be time for them to get bonuses….
now is not that time…” (minute 1:49)